"We've shopped at Woolworth for far too long, from now on we'll be shopping at Harrods." The Telegraph, Sept. 2011

Each time I return to Harrod's...


I discover a new enclave...
or one of the 23 places to grab a bite to eat...
and, finally, the area where the average shopper like me...
can find something to actually buy.


So...
as I become more familiar with the five acre shopping extravaganza...
I see the allure of it all.
The customer service is unsurpassed...
even by Neiman Marcus standards.


As my friend and I were studying the store guide with a map of the seven floors... 
one of the kind employees walked up to see if we needed any help finding our way around.
Of course we did and she took the time to explain exactly how to reach our destination.


After making a purchase...
the salesperson asked if I would be taking my package with me or picking it up later...
wait...
I can leave my bag to be picked up at a later time?


Later...
while having a bite to eat at the deli...
we discovered the spa...
Urban Retreat...
and it is now on 'The List'.


As we relaxed with our delicious meal...
a beautiful soprano voice began rising above the escalator nearby...
and I commented that it was amazing how her voice sounded like it was live instead of piped in music.
There was applause at the end of her song...
and I hurried over to check it out...
and there she was...
standing on one of the balconies...
overlooking the escalators...
singing for the shoppers in Harrod's!
Incredible...


May you have a song in your heart on this Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...